- Best New Innovation Experience: This special category is featured in tandem with the New Hope Innovation Experience space debuting at Expo East 2023. Consumers are waking up to what's in their food and where and how it was made. They're paying more attention to the impact of that food on people and planet. Innovations throughout the value chain are disrupting even the most modern of food inventions and creating the potential for significant, long-term change. Food technologies, artificial intelligence, nutrition science, and alternative business and ownership models are creating a new landscape for manufacturers and brands. This category is for a product/brand that exemplifies this way of doing business and of using innovation as a force for good.
- Best New People-Forward Product: Food, beverage, supplement or other. These brands put people first, whether through their transparent, fair or direct-trade sourcing practices, support of local or global communities, vertical integration, justice, equity, diversity and inclusion practices; support of food access, living wages, employee care, etc.
- Best New Planet-Forward Product: Food, beverage, supplement or other. These brands have demonstrable commitments to sustainable environmental practices (alternative energy, zero waste, regenerative agriculture, circular economies, environmentally responsible packaging, food waste, upcycling…) and exhibit an exemplary level of transparency and understanding of how their practices impact the planet.
- Best New Certified Organic or Regenerative Product: Food, beverage, supplement or other. This category is for brands that are doing more by engaging inpolicy to strengthen organic or regenerative organic standards, converting or expanding acreage or showcasing a deep understanding of the ecological journey to their organic or regenerative efforts. Nominating brands must be Certified Organic (USDA NOP standards or equivalent) or Certified Regenerative (Regenerative Organic Certified, Land to Market Verified or Certified Regenerative by AGW).
- Best New Functional Food or Beverage: Foods and beverages that seek to support wellness by harnessing functional ingredients such as botanicals, adaptogens, nootropics, etc. Brands are strongly encouraged to include amounts per serving information for the functional ingredients in their nomination application, particularly in support of any wellness claims made about the product on the packaging.
- Best New Plant-Focused Product: Food, beverage, supplement or other. These products help promote and educate about the benefits of putting plants at the forefront and answer a growing consumer demand for plant-focused products that support climate, health and/or animal welfare issues. Products do not need to be strictly 100% plant-based or vegan (i.e. honey may be used as a sweetener) but rather celebrate the plants at center stage.
- Best New Supplement2
- Best New Condition-Specific Supplement2
- Best New Natural Living Product: Includes natural products for the home, as well as apparel, pet products, kids' gear, etc.
- Best New Personal Care or Beauty Product
- Best New Meat, Dairy or Animal-Based Product1
- Best New Meat Alternative or Dairy Alternative1
- Best New Pantry Food1: Center-aisle foods such as breakfast items, dry goods, baking mixes, whole grains, meal helpers, canned or packaged vegetables or beans, soups, pastas and bread products
- Best New Condiment, Sauce and/or Dip1
- Best New Savory or Salty Snack1
- Best New Dessert1: Frozen or Non-frozen. This category is for truly indulgent treats.
- Best New Frozen Product1: Savory frozen products, NOT sweet.
- Best New Sweet Snack1: Different from the dessert category, these products are lighter and more for in-between meals or on the side than a course on their own.
- Best New Beverage::This may include RTD beverages, drink mixes, teas, juices and coffees that are labeled with the appropriate supplement or nutrition facts panel where required.
- Best New Special Diet Food1: Keto, Vegan, Vegetarian, Paleo, FODMAP, Whole 30, GF, etc.)
1 Nominated products musts have a nutrition facts panel
2 Nominated products must have a supplement facts panel
Note: Please be aware that to maintain the compliance quality and integrity of your product presentation(s) in the NEXTY Award program, our Standards Department reviews nominee product labeling for compliance with the Expo Standards and Ingredients Standards. This applies to both exhibitors and non-exhibitors at Natural Products Expo West and East. Please contact [email protected] if you have any questions or want to ensure that your product labeling is NEXTY ready!