- Best New People-Forward Product: Food, beverage, supplement or other. These brands put people first, whether through their transparent, fair or direct-trade sourcing practices, support of local or global communities, vertical integration, justice, equity, diversity and inclusion practices; support of food access, living wages, employee care, etc.
- Best New Planet-Forward Product: Food, beverage, supplement or other. These brands have demonstrable commitments to sustainable environmental practices (alternative energy, zero waste, regenerative agriculture, circular economies, environmentally responsible packaging, food waste, upcycling…) and exhibit an exemplary level of transparency and understanding of how their practices impact the planet.
- Best New Organic or Regenerative Organic Certified Product: Food, beverage, supplement or other. This category is for brands that are doing more by engaging in policy to strength organic or regenerative organic standards, converting or expanding acreage or showcasing a deep understanding fo the ecological journey to their organic or regenerative efforts. Nominating brands must be Certified Organic (USDA NOP standards or equivalent) or Certified Regenerative.
- Best New Functional Food or Beverage: Foods and beverages that seek to support wellness by harnessing functional ingredients such as botanicals, adaptogens, nootropics, etc. Brands are strongly encouraged to include amounts per serving information for the functional ingredients in their nomination application, particularly in support of any wellness claims made about the product on the packaging.
- Best New Product Supporting a Plant-Based Lifestyle: Food, beverage, supplement or other. These products help promote and educate about the benefits of a plant-based lifestyle and answer a growing consumer demand for plant-forward products that support climate, health and/or animal welfare issues.
- Best New Supplement2
- Best New Condition-Specific Supplement2
- Best New Natural Living Product: Includes natural products for the home, as well as apparel, pet products, kids' gear, etc.
- Best New Personal Care or Beauty Product
- Best New Meat, Dairy or Animal-Based Product1
- Best New Meat Alternative or Dairy Alternative1
- Best New Pantry Food1: Center-aisle foods such as breakfast items, dry goods, baking mixes, whole grains, meal helpers, canned or packaged vegetables or beans, soups, pastas and bread products
- Best New Condiment, Sauce and/or Dip1
- Best New Savory or Salty Snack1
- Best New Sweet or Dessert1: Frozen or Non-frozen
- Best New Frozen Product1: Savory frozen products, NOT sweet.
- Best New Sweet Snack1
- Best New Beverage: This may include RTD beverages, drink mixes, teas, juices and coffees that are labeled with the appropriate supplement or nutrition facts panel where required.
- Best New Special Diet Food1: Keto, Vegan, Paleo, FODMAP, Whole 30, GF, etc.)
1 Nominated products musts have a nutrition facts panel
2 Nominated products must have a supplement facts panel
Note: Please be aware that to maintain the compliance quality and integrity of your product presentation(s) in the Nexty Award program, our Standards Department reviews nominee product labeling for compliance with the Expo Standards and Ingredients Standards. This applies to both exhibitors and non-exhibitors at Natural Products Expo West and East, and Natural Products Virtual Community. Please contact [email protected] if you have any questions or want to ensure that your product labeling is NEXTY ready!
NEXTY Consumer Choice Awards Categories